Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cooking With The Crock

(Published on iSurf News on Januray 27, 2011)

My crock pot has become my new best friend. Place the ingredients in the crock pot, plug it up and turn it on. With the hectic life that so many of us live these days, learning to use your crock pot could make dinner time one less thing to have to worry about. 
 
What a better way of ending a long day than to come home to the wonderful smell of a cooked meal. My favorite time to use my crock pot is during the night. I love to wake up to the wonderful smell of a chicken dish or a nice pot of beans.

There are so many different types of crock pots, but I prefer the ones with the removable liner. They are easier to clean & I like the way it cooks better than the ones without the removable liner. Crock pots can be used anytime, not just in the winter. There are millions of recipes available, anything from soups to main dishes to desserts. 
 
The older I get, the more I enjoy a good bowl of soup. I love the “chunky” soups, but at a price of about $1.50 per can, it can get expensive. One day last week, I had a can of “chunky” chicken vegetable soup and it was wonderful. The next day, I decided to make my own version. After tweaking the pot several times, I decided that I had made an awesome “chunky” chicken vegetable soup. Needless to say, the soup did not last long.



Chicken Vegetable Soup

2 lbs Chicken Breast, cut into very small pieces, boiled.
Drain broth & save for later.
2 can each of the following vegetables-
whole kernal corn
carrots, cut into smaller pieces
green beans, cut into smaller pieces
potatos, cut into smaller pieces
green peas
chopped tomatoes
Chopped onions, optional (I use onion powder)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of celery soup
1 stick of butter
Parsley
Salt/Pepper to taste

Rinse boiled pieces of chicken, place in crock pot. Drain all vegetables, put in crock pot.
Heat up saved broth, add soups into broth to dilute. Add to crock pot. As soup heats up, cut up stick of butter into soup. Add Parsley and Salt/Pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment